About the Triple Trail Challenge
The Triple Trail challenge has brought together 3 classic Western Cape trail runs that take place across Table Mountain. They vary in distances from 20km to 40km. Mostly run on single paths.
- Muizenberg Trail
- Old Fisherman's Trail Challenge
- Hout Bay Trail Challenge
Each trail has their own unique challenges.
How the Series will work
- To take part in the Triple Challenge, runners will need to take part in all three trail runs.
- Runners will be awarded points from each race that count toward the Series Leaderboard.
- A low point system will be used. The runner with the lowest points from all three runs will be classified the winner.
- Points are awarded according to the overall gender position (men and women) each runner finishes in. Eg. 1st = 1 point, 2nd = 2 points, 3rd = 3 points...
- A runner who starts and does not finish (DNF) will be awarded last position + 1.
- When points are tied. The Tie will be broken by the Hout Bay Trail Challenge result.
- If anyone enters a team for the HBTC, we will split the leaderboard between individuals and teams Triple Challenge finishes.
- Runners who do not start will not be awarded any points.
- The Series categories are:
- We are looking to add Prize money to the Triple Challenge 2023. Watch this space...
- Prize money will only be awarded to those who attend the Races Prize Givings.
- Runners will be required to run with a device (gps watch or phone or tracker) that is able to record your track.
- Runners will be required to share their GPS track.